Samshvilde – one of the oldest historical fortress in Tetritskaro municipality, close to Samshvilde village, between Chivchava and Khrami rivers, surrounded by two precipices. According to Georgian traditions fortress was founded by eponym Kartlos. In the 12th century the fortress was occupied by Turkey, but King Davit Aghmashenebeli regained it back in 1100 who knew well its strategical and economical importance.